Lee Jackson Day Weekend- Lexington VA!

 Although the Commonwealth of Virginia sadly no longer recognizes Lee-Jackson Day Weekend, many Virginians still honor and celebrate it. Here are a just a few shots from Lee-Jackson Day weekend in Lexington ! There was an awesome parade we did through downtown Lexington , which was preceeded by a memorial service at Stonewall Jackson Cemetery. I marched with a large group of close to 100 people, and many spectators on the street waved and said "God Bless, Y'all!" to us. We got  almost all positive feedback and encouragement. The town itself is run by liberals, but many that live there are not on that side , and are real patriots. I enjoyed walking through Lexington, I haven't been there in many many years. On my way back, I stopped at the Depot Grille in Staunton, Virginia- a fun restaurant which was converted from an actual railroad depot. My waitress was a doll. The weather was chilly, but bearable.  It was a fun time overall !


                                  (First two pictures, courtesy of Judy Smith!) 














                                          The Depot Grille, Staunton, Virginia








                              Here are some personal shots. Love wearin' my black jacket this time of year!








                                                        I'll upload more soon. God Bless !

Comments