Photo Shoot: "From The Outside Looking In" September 2009

These photos were taken at Tabernacle Baptist church in September , 2009,  for my single "From The Outside Looking In". I wanted to put this on a 7" record, so I created a slightly retro feel with the lighting and the mood elements. The flip side was "Sweet Tea".  I was just a 30 -year-old kid at the time. I hadn't had much done so far in the way of media photos. It was pretty hot that  day , and I was sweating profusely, so my hair looks kinda wet. Come to think of it, my hair looks wet in a lot of pictures I take. I am cursed with humid hair syndrome.  Oh, well...

I wanted to capture as much light as possible.  The Pastor took a whole bunch of photos on the church portico that day- trying to capture the essence  of me sort of "looking in" from the outside. Also several pictures of The Meadow Street band were taken that day, and we all decked ourselves out in black. I never was a fan of  black, but it's a slimming color. Despite our personal differences, my Pastor took some really amazing photos and had a gift of getting the right mood across.  I finally got the picture I wanted and presented it on the cover below.



























           They were all hard to choose, but I picked this one as the finalist for the cover.

Comments